I have a multipurpose stair-ish element in my model.
- It carries people from one place to another as the main function of staircase (access).
- Underneath of the stair, a new space comes into existence and also it gives enclosure to that space but it does not block light to come inside.
- People use steps to sit.
- There is gaps between the steps of stair, it provides the transparency.
- The shape of the repeating steps direct and orient people.
- Some steps stretch in one direction to introduce another spaces.
- On one side, the aligned finish of steps represent limit.
- Orient and direct human body like a hallway.
- Provide access + connect two spaces.
Vertical planar element like a column
- Provides access by climbing.
- Divides + limits spaces.
- Blocks view.
- Orients human because of it block the access.
- Together with a horizontal plane, it creates sitting area (at the top). (Separately, this sitting area provides light.)
- Level differentiation creates sitting area.
- The elevated floor turns to define another space.
- The elevated floor becomes like a focus point, so, it orients human.
- Provides view + light
- Decrease enclosure level.